Thursday, June 23, 2011

I can't wait to eat in Texas!

Since moving away from Texas (the best state in the entire US) I have decided to change my eating habits a bit. Not for the reason most people do this, you know to be healthy blah, blah, blah, but mainly because of the lack of good Tex-Mex and Mexican food way up here in the PNW. Don't get me wrong, I do want to be healthy and all this healthy eating has made a world of difference in the way I look and feel but I can't wait to visit home this summer and EAT all the Tex-Mex my body will allow. I already have dinner plans for my second night in town to eat at my favorite restaurant. They serve fried stuffed avocados! I can't remember the last time I ate something fried, so my body is going to hate me while my taste buds are going to say gimme, gimme, gimme, and fall in love with me. And I'm OK with that.
The kids and I will be leaving for Texas on Tuesday 6/28 and staying for 3 whole weeks. Hubby has to stay home and work, I feel for him, but not enough to miss out on 3 weeks worth of Texas bliss! People here in Washington say "oh, you're from TX I bet you like it better here where it's not so hot." I say "Hell no! It may be hot in TX but at least they have a/c everywhere you go." No a/c, what kind of a joke is that? I have not come across a single place here in WA that has a/c. It's just crazy to me. I know it does not get hot for very long here but it DOES get hot. One thing that WA has over TX is that it rains more than once a year so when you walk on the grass it's all plush instead of crunchy. This fact is not enough to keep me here though. When hubby gets out of the Army in 2013, we are moving right back to TX and I for one am counting down the days. The only thing I will miss is the view, now you can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment